Are psychopaths more like Hannibal Lecter or Dexter Morgan? How likely is it that your boss is really a psychopath? Find your answers in this in-depth discussion with Dr. Walter Sinnott-Armstrong, an experimental philosopher at Duke University and an expert on psychopaths.
Here are some more detailed questions we answer. No spoilers this time – you have to listen!
- What is a psychopath, scientifically speaking? Is a sociopath the same thing? How many are out there, and how many popular depictions are accurate?
- Is it possible to detect psychopaths without testing them?
- What causes psychopaths – is it more nature or nurture?
- If psychopaths are emotion-blind, when are they morally and legally responsible for doing bad things? How can they best be treated?
- How many different types of felonies do you need to have committed to be a psychopath?